How Does Membership Benefit You?
TAHP will act as your advocate to ensure you are well represented in the halls of the Texas Capitol and throughout the State government. You will be well-armed with the most timely and accurate information, strong relationships with key Texas leaders, and access to seasoned policy and regulatory experts. Membership with TAHP is an invaluable tool for integrating, building relationships, exchanging information and best practices, and promoting your services.
- Build Relationships with key legislators and other health care professionals in Texas
- Share best practices and promote your organization and services
- Stay informed of the latest industry, legislative, and regulatory developments
- Ensure you are well represented in the halls of the Texas Capitol and State government
- Build on TAHP's proven track record advocating on health care issues
HOW TO JOIN TODAY!
TAHP has different levels of membership and services that best fit your organization’s needs. There are four tiers of membership available:
Health Plan Membership
The Health Plan Membership is available to full-service HMOs and health insurance companies licensed by the State of Texas or planning to become licensed. As a Health Plan Member of TAHP, your organization will have a seat at the table as a voting board member and decision-maker, including having a direct role in shaping TAHP’s legislative and regulatory agenda and positions.
Dues for a Health Plan Members are based on that plans enrollment.
Health Plan Partner Associate Membership
TAHP's Associate Membership is available to limited service and single service HMOs and to other companies that partner with health plans to manage care including but not limited to vision health organizations, behavioral health organizations, dental managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, and transportation management organizations.
Dues for Associate Members are $7500 annually.
Affiliate Membership is available to any company that provides products or services to health plans or maintains an interest in the health insurance industry.
Dues for Affiliate Members are $4000 annually.
Professional Membership is available to individuals, consulting and law firm that provides products or services to health plans or maintains an interest in the health insurance industry.
Dues for Professional Members are $2500 annually.
Additional benefits offered to all members
- Week In Review industry newsletter: A members-only, comprehensive weekly newsletter that provides inside-track information about recent and upcoming hearings, industry-related meetings, TAHP analysis of legislative and regulatory
proposals, industry developments, a calendar of upcoming events, political updates and more. (Click here for a recent example.)
- Covered Daily news clips email: Daily news clips assembled by the TAHP team that highlight the top headlines from the health insurance and health care worlds, as well as important political updates, both nationally and in Texas.
- Free Advertising in Covered Daily: TAHP members can submit ads and sponsored content for our “Covered Daily” news clips free on a first come
- TAHP Legislative Advocacy Updates: Regular updates and announcements on the Texas legislative process including summaries of key hearings, notice of any movement or consideration of key bills, copies of witness presentations, copies
of TAHP testimony, as well as interim charge analysis.
- Free Job Postings: TAHP members can submit open job positions to be posted on the career center section of our website at no additional cost.
- Webinar Promotion: TAHP will promote webinars hosted by your company to our membership at no extra cost.
- TAHP Workgroup Calls: Routine meetings, calls, and emails that provide updates on specific issues facing the health insurance industry. Opportunity for partnership and internal discussion, including viewing and commenting on documents and TAHP policy
drafts, with health plans as they work to enact our health policy goals.
- TAHP Member Spotlight: Our team of experienced government relations, policy and communications professionals ensure our members are promoted for individual efforts and initiatives aimed at improving the health care system in Texas.
We include regular spotlights of our Members in TAHP materials as well as on social media.
- Monthly Membership Call: These monthly calls provide an overview of upcoming meetings and events, sponsorship opportunities, policy and regulatory updates and more.
- TAHP Workgroup Calls:
Routine meetings, calls, and emails that provide updates on specific issues facing the health insurance industry. Opportunity for partnership and internal discussion, including viewing and commenting on documents and TAHP policy drafts, with health plans as they work to enact our health policy goals.
- In-Network With TAHP networking events: Year-round, TAHP hosts networking events including receptions with Members of the Legislature, staffers, and TAHP health plans in informal and fun settings that allows your organization to make
- Food For Thought legislative luncheons: Offered during the legislative interim, our monthly “lunch and learn” series offers Capitol staffers concise, informative briefings on the most pressing health care issues they will address
in the upcoming legislative session. As an Affiliate, you will have the opportunity to sponsor these lunches and have your organization promoted among legislative staff as well as other TAHP members.
- Discounted Event Registration
- Discounted Event Sponsorship
To request a membership application fill out the form below or if you would like additional details please contact Patti Doner at firstname.lastname@example.org