TAHP Members Provide Support to Victims of Texas Floods
Monday, September 23, 2019
TAHP Members Provide Support and Resources to Victims of Texas Floods
After Tropical Storm Imelda hit, many cities and counties along the Gulf Coast suffered severe flooding and catastrophic damage. With millions affected, many TAHP members stepped up to provide resources and support to their members.
Magellan Health opened a free 24-hour crisis line for all individuals impacted by the catastrophic flooding across southeast Texas. The toll-free number to access free, confidential counseling services is 1-800-327-7451. To view the official press release, click here!
Superior HealthPlan members affected by the floods can call member services to:
- Get an emergency prescription refill.
- Replace necessary medical equipment, services or supplies.
- Get a new copy of their Superior Member ID card.
- Speak with a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Speak with a medical doctor via our Telehealth program.
- Find a doctor in their area.
- Get help dealing with stress or depression.
To view the official press release, click here!
UnitedHealthcare is helping those affected in Texas by assisting health plan participants who may need to make alternate arrangements to access care and early prescription refills, as well as offering a free emotional-support line to help people who might be affected. To view the official press release, click here!